The reputation of Wootton Park School is influenced by the appearance and behaviour of all staff and learners. We expect the sixth form to maintain high standards and thereby set a good example to our younger learners.
We appreciate that the working environment has changed over the last few years and there are fewer restrictions and expectations of what is deemed as appropriate office/business wear.
We therefore believe that sixth form should have a reasonable amount of personal choice in what they choose to wear but also have a responsibility to dress in the expected manner for a professional school working environment.
Whilst we do not have a detailed list of clothing expectations there are a few guidelines we would like sixth form to follow:
- Footwear should be appropriate for the building (business wear & no trainers, converse, crocs, flip-flops etc.)
- No caps and hats
- No slogans that could be considered abusive or offensive
- No jeans or ripped clothing
- No underwear should be visible
- No cropped tops, skinny strap tops, backless tops
- No leather, vinyl, lycra or similar material
- No beachwear (including sliders/flip flops)
- No facial piercings, large looped or tunnel earrings
- Tattoos should be covered
- Tailored shorts of an acceptable length may be worn in hot weather
- No fishnet tights
- Make-up/accessories should be professional and business-like
This list is not exhaustive and senior leaders reserve the right to point out any issues that may arise. The final decision lies with the senior leaders and if changes need to be made we expect this to be adhered and within a timely manner.