Did you know that if you are happy and positive, your brain is 31% more productive than if you are negative, neutral or stressed?* If we look at happiness in this way, it’s not just ‘a nice way to feel’, it’s an essential part of learning. If we want to be at our best and learn as much as we can, we need to feel good!
At Wootton Park School we want all learners to feel happy and to have a positive sense of emotional and mental wellbeing. This is why we put so much into our Wellbeing Department. Whilst you are here, you are not just learning about all your subjects, you are learning about and growing into the person you are going to be.
If you need to talk about anything, have questions you would like to ask or would just like to know more about how to look after your own wellbeing, we are here to help.
Mrs Wild, Mrs Chambers and Miss Grady
*statistic from research undertaken by Shawn Achor, author of The Happiness Advantage
Do you need someone to talk to?
· Worried about you or a friend?
· Just need to offload?
· In need of a coaching conversation?
Then come along to Group Room 1 at the following times:
- Monday lunchtime at 1.30pm-2:10pm with Miss Grady
- Tuesday lunchtime at 1.30pm-2:10pm with Mrs Wild
- Wednesday at 1.30pm-2:10pm with Miss Grady
You can also access the Wellbeing Hub every Thursday lunchtime with Mrs Chambers and the Wellbeing Ambassadors in SC1.
- Back To School
- Primary Back To School
- Motivation - Secondary
- Action For Happiness Calendar - Mindful March 2021
- Fruits Poster
- Emotions emoji matching
- Self-regulation-when I have strong emotions
- Healthy-eating -secondary
- Importance of routine poster
- Healthy eating - Secondary
- Healthy eating -Primary
- Five Ways to Wellbeing: Connect
- Five Steps to Wellbeing: Keep Learning
- Five Steps to Wellbeing: Keep Active
- Take a break -Relaxation
- 10 Tips for Coping with Low Mood
- Wellbeing Apps Poster