Governance & Financial Information
Wootton Park School has "a chair of governors and a governing board who are committed to the vision and values of the school."
Paul Davies, National Governance Lead.
"I am immensely proud to be the Chair of Governors of Wootton Park School. As governors we provide challenge, support and retain oversight of all aspects of our school. We have a clear vision to ensure the very best learning environment for our children. As a new school we are at an exciting stage of our development and I am delighted to be a part of that journey "
André Gonzalez de Savage, Chair of Governors
About the Governing Body
The Governing Body has responsibility for the following areas:
- Strategic planning
- Well-being and safeguarding
- Finance and regulations
- Stakeholder engagement
The Governing Body is responsible for oversight and monitoring of the delivery of the agreed Development Plan as determined by the Trust.
- The Governing Body oversees and monitors the work of the senior leadership team as a critical friend, holding them to account in accordance with the school's Development Plan.
- The Governing Body provides support and challenge to the Principal, holding him to account for his work.
- The Governing Body retains oversight over all aspects of the school’s operation.
- The Governing Body is constituted with the requisite skills and expertise to perform its role effectively.
- The Governing Body is involved directly in some elements of school life, such as the recruitment of key members of staff.
Trustee interaction with learners takes place through a planned cycle of visits to the school which provides opportunities for Governors to talk with staff in their 'linked areas' and to meet with a focus group of learners.
The Governing Body may delegate powers as appropriate in accordance with the approved Scheme of Delegation to an individual governor, committee, or to the Principal. Although duties and decision making can be delegated, responsibility for running the school remains with the Governing Body.
About Northampton Free School Trust
The Members of Northampton Free School Trust are the subscribers to the Trust’s memorandum of association, and any other individuals permitted to become members under its articles of association. The role of Members is to maintain an overview of the governance arrangements of the Trust.
- Members' responsibilities are to hold an Annual General Meeting and appoint Directors to a vacant position.
- Directors appointed by Members can also be removed by a unanimous vote of Members.
- Members can amend the articles and may do so to support stronger governance arrangements.
- While Members can also be Governors, retaining some distinction between the two layers ensures that Members, independent of Governors, provide oversight and challenge.
- Andre Gonzalez de Savage, Chair of the Governing Body
- Lawrence Stanley, Governor of the Finance & Resource Committee
- Laura Knight, Safeguarding Governor
- Lizzie Chown, SEN Governor
- David Laing, Chair of Northampton Free School Trust
c/o Wootton Park School
Wootton Hall Park
Northampton Free School Trust registered office:
- Wootton Park School, Wootton Hall Park, Northampton, NN4 0JA
- A Private Limited Company: 08782697