Governance & Financial Information
Wootton Park School is a member of the National Governance Association (NGA). The Clerk to the Governors has a NGA Level 3 certificate in clerking in school and academy boards.
Wootton Park School has "a chair of governors and a governing board who are committed to the vision and values of the school."
Paul Davies, National Governance Lead.
Northampton Free School Trust is seeking an additional governor with a legal focus in order to build upon our committed and passionate team of governors, in line with our growing school.
As a member of the National Governance Association (NGA), we have huge ambition for our school. Governors have access to regular training opportunities along with guidance from the NGA.
If you are inspired by this exceptional opportunity to join us at this early stage of our journey to excellence, we want to hear from you!
Wootton Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-appointment suitability checks will be undertaken including: Identity, Right to Work, DBS, Section 128 check.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please visit us at TES
"I am immensely proud to be the Chair of Governors of Wootton Park School. As governors we provide challenge, support and retain oversight of all aspects of our school. We have a clear vision to ensure the very best learning environment for our children. As a new school we are at an exciting stage of our development and I am delighted to be a part of that journey "
André Gonzalez de Savage, Chair of Governors
About the Governing Body
The Governing Body has responsibility for the following areas:
- Strategic planning
- Well-being and safeguarding
- Finance and regulations
- Stakeholder engagement
The Governing Body is responsible for oversight and monitoring of the delivery of the agreed Development Plan as determined by the Trust.
- The Governing Body oversees and monitors the work of the senior leadership team as a critical friend, holding them to account in accordance with the school's Development Plan.
- The Governing Body provides support and challenge to the Principal, holding him to account for his work.
- The Governing Body retains oversight over all aspects of the school’s operation.
- The Governing Body is constituted with the requisite skills and expertise to perform its role effectively.
- The Governing Body is involved directly in some elements of school life, such as the recruitment of key members of staff.
Trustee interaction with learners takes place through a planned cycle of visits to the school which provides opportunities for Governors to talk with staff in their 'linked areas' and to meet with a focus group of learners.
The Governing Body may delegate powers as appropriate in accordance with the approved Scheme of Delegation to an individual governor, committee, or to the Principal. Although duties and decision making can be delegated, responsibility for running the school remains with the Governing Body.
About Northampton Free School Trust
The Members of Northampton Free School Trust are the subscribers to the Trust’s memorandum of association, and any other individuals permitted to become members under its articles of association. The role of Members is to maintain an overview of the governance arrangements of the Trust.
- Members' responsibilities are to hold an Annual General Meeting and appoint Directors to a vacant position.
- Directors appointed by Members can also be removed by a unanimous vote of Members.
- Members can amend the articles and may do so to support stronger governance arrangements.
- While Members can also be Governors, retaining some distinction between the two layers ensures that Members, independent of Governors, provide oversight and challenge.
- Andre Gonzalez de Savage, Chair of the Governing Body
- Lawrence Stanley, Governor of the Finance & Resource Committee
- Laura Knight, Safeguarding Governor
- Lizzie Chown, SEN Governor
- David Laing, Chair of Northampton Free School Trust
c/o Wootton Park School
Wootton Hall Park
Northampton Free School Trust registered office:
- Wootton Park School, Wootton Hall Park, Northampton, NN4 0JA
- A Private Limited Company: 08782697
Having successfully opened Wootton Park School in September 2016, the Trust intends to apply to the Department for Education to open two further schools; a secondary school in the Hardingstone area and a primary school in Upton.
In common with Wootton Park School, the new schools are being established to meet the growing demand for high-quality primary and secondary school places in the area.
If your child is starting primary or secondary school in 2022 or 2023, we would be grateful if you would consider either and share your thoughts about our proposals here.